- Full Description
The 200L Aerobin Hot Composter is a device that provides an ideal environment for highly efficient, healthy aerobic composting in most climates, for 12 months of the year. This hot composter has an attractive modern design that will look great in your garden. Composting will contribute to your household reducing the amount of waste that goes to either landfill or incineration, this assists our planets environment. Composting helps people live in a more sustainable way.
This composter comes in two boxes, one box for the main component and the second which holds the central aeration lung (flue). This lung assists the quick breakdown of food and garden waste. Two people are needed to construct the Aerobin.
Instructions for assembly.
More details about the Aerobin:
- Dimensions Height: 117.5cm Width: 51cm Depth: 51cm
- The Aerobin was developed & designed to enable the recycling (composting) and reuse of most organic materials that are generated at the household. This provides a practical alternative to these materials being collected, transported and dumped at landfill sites or incinerated.
- In the natural process of aerobic (or hot) composting, the work is performed by healthy decomposer microorganisms. These organisms are a living thing that require food (carbon & nitrogen), air and water. When they have the correct balance, compost is produced very quickly in this Aerobin.
- The Aerobin is vermin resistant.
- To get the composting process underway quickly, it is best to add a layer (50mm or 2”) of compost in the base of the Aerobin. This can be either healthy compost from another composter or compost purchased from a garden centre, just ensure that it's not sterilised.
- Waste should be premixed before it is loaded into the Aerobin. This will avoid concentrations of any individual material.
- Compost should start to form on the base of the Aerobin (remove the Access Doors) from 8-12 weeks of starting.
- This compost bin has a base and a Leachate Tank to collect rich liquid nutrients in.
- Rich Leachate should start collecting in the Leachate Tank of the Aerobin within 4-6 weeks. Don't forget to dilute Leachate before use.
- The product is fantastic for garden waste and works best when at least half-filled. Do ensure that woody material is shredded or mulched before adding.
- Glossy ink printed magazines or cardboard are not suitable for the Aerobin as the inks are mostly likely not biodegradable and can be toxic.
- Has a moisture recirculation system, which means you can just drop your food/garden waste in and let the Aerobin get to work!
- Manufactured from 100% virgin polymer.
PLEASE NOTE: Available for pre-order, stock is expected the second week of July but further COVID 19 restrictions could delay delivery. We will dispatch this item as soon as we have stock.
- Help Guides
Instructions on attaching a Leachate Collection Bottle to your Aerobin
- Turn the Leachate Tap to the ‘Open’ position. The tab or bar near to the tap outlet spigot should be in the 12:00 o’clock position – 12:00 o’clock = ‘open’ & 6:00 o’clock = ‘closed’.
- Why not pick up our Leachate Hose Extension Kit for Aerobins to make this job easy?
- Dip one end of a hose into a cup of very hot water – to soften the PVC – then insert it onto the Aerobin tap spout – as far as it will go.
- Take the cap off a water bottle – remove the outer sleeve of the cap – cut it off (which is the opening/closing valve) – then screw the cap back onto the bottle – heat the other end of the PVC hose – again in hot water - and insert the hose over the nipple of the water bottle.
- Position the bottle on the ground, lower than the tap on the Leachate Tank. You could also use Irrigation Clamp fittings to lock the Hose to the Tap & Bottle for added security.
- Then either store your Leachate liquid away in a larger bottle for use later or use it straight away by diluting the Leachate 1 part to 20 parts of water and return the bottle to the cap.
- If you reattached the bottle you are able to leave the Aerobin Tap in the ‘On’ position all the time. Just check the fill level on the bottle regularly and empty when needed
Write Your Own Review